First twofor observing runs in the same day in a very long time.
After the 01:00 am run this morning I went back out in the evening at 20:00 EST for an hour.
Jupiter was only 20 deg above the horizon, near the Kingston light dome, and the moon was slated to rise around 21:30.
Focussing was much more difficult, if not impossible that low to the horizon. I was unable to even get a moon exposed, much less focussed and Jupiter itself moved in and out so fast there was no stable reference.
I noticed after processing the run that the colours vary a lot more as well from the turbulent air.
This image is the last of the run, as the telescope ran amuck and I lost the target.
This evening also had the first successful telescope remote control in many months as well.
Handyavi is the utiity I use for the manual hand controller window with 4 speeds of guiding and focus control as well.
It could never see the telescope until I reran the compatibility wizard on it for XP mode, and presto, it could see the scope again. It was nice to be able to go inside, remote desktop to the imaging computer and guide the scope from in front of the fire.
Will start attempting other software again to find the best.
This image was 90 seconds, using a 36ms exposure and getting 1687 frames. This was processed with: castrator to reduce the window from 512×512 pixels down to 400×400 pixels and center Jupiter within that as well;
then autostakkert! to generate the best 15%, 25%, 50% and 75%
After looking at them all, I chose to use the best 75% in this case;
then registax 6 to do an auto rgb colour balance and wavelet processing.
The images were then all annotated and also turned into an animated .gif