After many months of being without a weather station, we finally found one that should work for us.
This is an Acurite Pro (model number yet to be determined). It has arrived, been assembled, and is waiting to go outdoors and then to be connected to a data logging computer. We will try and use the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B that we used in the past with Wee-wx software and see what happens.
It will be mounted out back in the vegetable beds, about 2m off the ground. We are more concerned with ground temperatures where we work and play, and the veg grow, then we are about “more accurate” wind speed readings by being 10m in the air. In addition, this station does not log wind gusts, only regular wind speed.